WIF has a strong connection to the current moment happening within the labor movement in Hollywood. The advocacy work we do to ensure pay equity, career sustainability, and access to affordable health care, including reproductive health, is a big part of what SAG-AFTRA and the WGA are fighting for. In aid of strike-affected workers, WIF has expanded our Help Line to include a dedicated day to provide emotional support specifically related to the current work stoppage, and compiled a list of resources.
WIF HELP LINE OFFERS SUPPORT TO STRIKE-AFFECTED WORKERS
The WIF Help Line is here to offer emotional support for challenging times in the entertainment industry. As entertainment workers fight for job sustainability and safety, our Help Line advocates can be a listening ear to help you navigate the stress of this critical moment. On Thursdays from 9am – 4:30pm, advocates are standing by to provide support and resources specifically about work instability related to work stoppage. People across all entertainment fields and of all genders are invited to call 1-855-WIF-LINE. For support with harassment and misconduct in the workplace, contact the Help Line during our usual hours, Monday through Friday 9am-4:30pm at 1-855-WIF-LINE.
- AGMA Relief Fund: The American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA) Relief Fund provides strike assistance to members who are in need.
- Area Discounts: A comprehensive list of businesses supporting the strike by offering discounts to WGA members.
- Casting Society Emergency Assistance Fund provides confidential and immediate short-term financial assistance for Casting Society members who are in need of urgent help and are unable to pay basic living expenses.
- Entertainment Community Fund provides emergency financial assistance for entertainment industry workers.
- Green Envelope Grocery Aid provides $100 grocery funds directly to lower-level WGA Writers, Support Staffers, & PreWGA writers due to the lack of work during the WGA strike.
- Hollywood Support Staff Relief Fund: HSSRF offers a one-time emergency financial assistance grant for film and television assistants or support staff who are currently unemployed or on hiatus due to work stoppage and have under three years of paid work experience in the entertainment industry.
- Humanitas Groceries for Writers: Humanitas is distributing grocery store gift cards to current WGA writers in need, as long as supplies last.
- IATSE Local 600 Hardship Fund: IATSE Local 600 provides strike assistance through two Funds for those experiencing a lack of work.
- IATSE Local 798 Assistance Program provides support and strike assistance to Makeup Artists & Hair Stylists Members who are in need.
- Inevitable Foundation’s Emergency Fund for Disabled Writers is a responsive cash grant program for disabled writers in crisis.
- Motion Picture & Television Fund grants: MPTF offers a variety of services that can provide emotional and financial relief to industry members and their families during times of need and during an industry wide event.
- PayUpHollywood provides resources for entertainment support staff.
- SAG -AFTRA Foundation operates an emergency assistance program for SAG-AFTRA members.
- SAG-AFTRA Federal Credit Union has put together a financial assistance program available to existing credit union members impacted by a strike.
- The Good and Welfare Emergency Assistance Fund provides interest-free loans for WGA-West members through a partnership with the Motion Picture and Television Fund.
- The Union Solidarity Coalition provides direct financial support to crew members who have lost health insurance due to strike-related shutdowns.
- WGA Strike Assistance: WGAW and WGAE can provide no-interest or low- interest loans to members who need financial assistance.