Skip to content
As a member of WIF, I commit to:
- Joining a movement for gender parity and overall equality within the screen industries.
- Recognizing WIF as a resource for my individual career and to be a resource to uplift the careers of my fellow members and community.
- Contributing to a collective space by sharing my knowledge and making space for others to do the same. I will respect others by recognizing my level of participation, both in taking up unequal space and also when I should speak up.
- Treating WIF staff, interns, volunteers (including, but not limited to Board members, panelists, mentors, jurors, etc.), and other members with mutual respect and courtesy. This includes respecting other people’s boundaries, service, and time. I understand that abuse and harmful language will not be tolerated.
- Combatting racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, classism, and other structural oppressions experienced by people of intersectional identities in our community. I thereby commit to:
- Not using or exhibiting oppressive, insensitive, or disrespectful language or behavior at WIF events or programs,
- Informing WIF staff if I hear or experience oppressive, insensitive, or disrespectful language or behavior at WIF events or programs, so they can address it accordingly, and
- Upholding these commitments throughout the wider industry to the best of my ability.
- Supporting WIF as an advocacy organization and recognizing that my dues contribute to that support.
I understand that in response to any violations of this code of conduct, WIF may:
- Challenge offensive or disrespectful language used,
- Ask me to leave the space, and/or
- Revoke or suspend my membership and ability to attend events for a period of time, or permanently.