If you are thinking of applying, please join us on Friday, January 21 for a program AMA (“Ask Me Anything”). RSVP here.
* Selected filmmakers must be available for the Financing Intensive dates in June.
- Applications open: January 20, 2022
- Deadline to apply: February 28, 2022, 11:59 p.m. PST (technical support available until 6:00 p.m. PST)
- Participants notified: week of May 16, 2022
- Financing Intensive: June 28–29, 2022 (with select additional workshop dates TBD)
- Financier meetings: as scheduled following the Financing Intensive
- Applicants must be women or NB/GNC producers with a strong feature-length documentary or fiction project (with completed script) actively seeking financing, and must have a director attached. This is a producing-intensive clinic, and that skill set will be required.
- Able and willing to discuss that project in small groups of fellow filmmakers and high-level advisors.
- Education provided within the program is most appropriate for emerging filmmakers with strong projects, and mid-career artists who would benefit from pitching, financing, and strategy counsel.
- Producers must have previously produced and completed a short or feature length film.
- Both Producer and Director must be able to attend Intensive dates June 28–29, 2022, and flexible in the surrounding weeks.
- What kind of producers is this program for?
This program is for producers who are attached to a feature project with a fully developed and written script (fiction) or treatment and footage example (documentary), and that is ready for financing. Producers must have previously produced and completed a short or feature film.
- I’ve already produced a feature—is this program for me?
Yes, we have had producers who have already produced a feature and those who are working on their first feature in this program. However, if you are an experienced producer who has produced films with strong distribution or recognition, or are a producer who is in later stages of their career, this program is most likely not right for you.
- How many projects can I submit?
Through WIF, applicants can submit up to three scripts. Each script must be submitted through its own application, so fees and/or waivers are applicable per script.
- Do I have to be a member to apply through WIF?
You no longer need to be a WIF member to apply to this program. WIF members can apply at members rates and non-members can apply for $40 per application. Applications are open to the public through our webstore (please be sure to read all other eligibility requirements prior to purchasing your application). For program-specific member benefits, please visit our membership page.
- When does the application close, and will tech support be available?
The application closes on February 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST, with technical support available until 6:00 p.m. PST. The application will not be reopened after the deadline, so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical questions before 6:00 p.m. PST on February 28, 2022. All technical issues between 6:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. PST will be the responsibility of the applicant, and will not warrant reopening of the application.
For questions, please contact the WIF Programs Team at email@example.com.