* Selected filmmakers must be available for the Financing Intensive dates in June.
- Applications open: December 12, 2022
- Applications close: February 13, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. PT
(Technical support available until 6:00 p.m. PT.)
- Participants notified by May 22, 2023
- Financing Intensive and related WIF Fellowships begin May 31, 2023
- Financing Intensive: June 27–28, 2023 (tentative dates—subject to change)
- Financier meetings: as scheduled following the Financing Intensive
- Applicants must be women or NB/GNC lead producers with a strong feature-length documentary or fiction project (with completed script) actively seeking financing. This is a producing-intensive clinic, and that skill set will be required.
- Although only the submitted project will be considered, ideal producer candidates will also have produced a completed short or feature AND have a slate of projects.
- We advise applicants to apply with their strongest, most ready-to-finance projects.
- These projects should have directors attached (although exceptions may be considered).
- Please note that the lead producer or producing team is both the applicant and the participant. This individual or team is required to attend the dates of the Intensive in order for the project to be included.
- Should the lead/applying producer or team not be available to attend the Intensive dates, the project may be pulled from participation.
- Documentaries may be in the development, production, or post production phase. Fiction projects that are past the development stage will not be considered.
- Producers must be able and willing to discuss that project in small groups of fellow filmmakers and high-level advisors.
- Producers must have previously produced and completed a short or feature length film.
- Lead/applying producer or team must be able to attend the Financing Intensive on June 27–28, 2023, and be flexible in the surrounding weeks.
- Participants must be able to provide proof of current vaccination, subject to CDC guidelines relating to boosters prior to June 27, 2023, and be willing to test for COVID-19 infection prior to each session in June 2023.
- What kind of producers is this program for?
This program is for producers who are attached to a feature project with a fully developed and written script (fiction) or treatment and footage example (documentary), and that is ready for financing. Producers must have previously produced and completed a short or feature film and have additional projects they are working on.
- I’ve already produced a feature—is this program for me?
Yes, we have had producers who have already produced a feature and those who are working on their first feature in this program. However, if you are an experienced producer who has produced films with strong distribution or recognition, or are a producer who is in later stages of their career, this program is most likely not right for you.
- How many projects can I submit?
Through WIF, applicants can submit up to three scripts. Each script must be submitted through its own application, so fees and/or waivers are applicable per script.
- Do I have to be a member to apply through WIF?
You no longer need to be a WIF member to apply to this program. WIF members can apply at member rates and non-members can apply for $40 per application. Applications are open to the public through our webstore (please be sure to read all other eligibility requirements prior to purchasing your application). For program-specific member benefits, please visit our membership page.
- When does the application close, and will tech support be available?
The application closes on February 13, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT, with technical support available until 6:00 p.m. PT. The application will not be reopened after the deadline, so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any technical questions before 6:00 p.m. PT on February 13, 2023. All technical issues between 6:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. PT will be the responsibility of the applicant, and will not warrant reopening of the application.
- What is the WIF Fellowship?
For 2023, all program participants will be considered WIF Fellows. To explore the WIF Fellowships, please see the Fellowships page.
- What is on the application?
You can find a PDF version of the application HERE.
For questions, please contact the WIF Programs Team at email@example.com.